Currently employed @
| || > main > varia > AIX > Mirror AIX rootvg|
Howto mirror an AIX rootvg
The following steps will guide you trough the mirroring of an AIX rootvg.
This info is valid for AIX 4.3.3, AIX 5.1, AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3.
- Make sure you have an empty disk, in this example its hdisk1
- Add the disk to the vg via "extendvg rootvg hdisk1
- Mirror the vg via: "mirrorvg rootvg"
- Adapt the bootlist to add the current disk, the system will then fail to hdisk1 is hdisk0 fails during startup
- do bootlist -o -m normal
- this will list currently 1 disk, in this exmaple hdisk0
- do bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1
- Run a bosboot on both new disks, this will install all software needed for boot on the disk
- bosboot -ad hdisk0
- bosboot -ad hdisk1
Copyright 1997 - 2009 Ramses Smeyers. All rights reserved